Home - Membership
We invite you to become a member of the IUAES. The IUAES welcomes as members any and all anthropologists/ethnologists, wherever in the world they are based and with whichever branch of the discipline they might be interested. Students of anthropology/ethnology are also very welcome to become members. The main goal of the IUAES is to facilitate wide-ranging global exchanges between anthropologists/ethnologists in interests of the discipline's development.
Membership of the IUAES runs from 1st January to 31st December. The annual subscription is based on a member's self-declared annual income as of 1 January each year.
Individual Membership fee rates
2015 membership rates are as follows (all prices in GBP):
- For those earning < £10,000 per annum (including students): £7
- For those earning between £10,000 and £20,000 per annum: £10
- For those earning between £20,000 and £30,000 per annum: £16
- For those earning > £30,000 per annum: £23
Life membership: £575 one off payment (i.e.25 times the maximum annual membership rate. The life membership rate does not provide for different income levels)
- * Honorary Members are waived of fees.
Corporate membership fee rates
2015 corporate membership rates are as follows (all prices in GBP):
- For National or Regional Associations and Councils: an annual amount of £0.65p per professional member of the Association, as determined by the Association itself, with a minimum of £35 p.a.
- For Institutions (Departments, Insititutes etc) becoming members for the first time: £35
- For Institutions (Departments, Insititutes etc) continuing their previous membership: £25 p.a.
- For National Academies or equivalent: An amount to be determined by the Union
Statement on Finances
The success of the IUAES ultimately depends on the funding and initiatives of its members, and it is therefore important that anthropologists and academic institutions lend their support to its activities. Detailed financial reports are available here.