The Japanese Society of Cultural Anthropology (JASCA) invites anthropologists from around the world to our 50th Anniversary Conference to be held jointly with IUAES Inter-Congress 2014.
The conference aims to attract over 250 international delegates to Chiba City in Greater Tokyo. The theme will be The Future with/of Anthropologies. The language of the conference will be English.
The conference will take place from 15th to 18th May 2014.
- Read the conference theme, see who will be giving the keynotes, and browse the list of accepted panels.
- The call for papers is now open, closing on 09/01/2014.
- We have also posted accommodation information so you can begin to make your reservations.
- Add the conference calendar (the calls, registration, etc) to your own calendar.
A Special Anniversary Exhibit will be held in cooperation with the National Museum of Ethnology (Minpaku) and the National Art Center (Shinbijutsukan), from 19 Feb - 9 June, 2014, at the National Art Center, Tokyo.
Theme: Power of Images
Exhibit: Collection of the National Museum of Ethnology
- WCAA (World Council of Anthropological Associations)
- AAA (American Anthropological Association)
- AJJ (Anthropology of Japan in Japan)
- EASA (European Association of Social Anthropologists)
- JAWS (Japan Anthropology Workshop)
- SEAA (Society for East Asian Anthropology)
- TSAE (The Taiwan Society of Anthropology and Ethnology)
- ASN (The Anthropological Society of Nippon)
- The Folklore Society of Japan
- The National Museum of Ethnology
- MEXT: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
This conference is supported by Chiba Prefecture and Chiba City. It is also supported by Shibusawa Foundation for Ethnological Research, and by the Japan National Tourism Organization.
Conference administrators and email address
NomadIT on conference(at)iuaes.org